The residences have been built adopting interventions that aim to protect the casing of the building against noise, mitigating outdoor sounds from adjacent areas and installations. Soundproofing materials have been used in order to improve the insulation of the original building structure, both for the horizontal partitions (floors and ceilings) as well as the vertical partitions (dividing walls between the different units). Soundproofed pipes have been used, the front doors of the apartments and external frames are soundproofed and Certified with Rw>=40dBA.
It is possible to automatically regulate the rooms in each residence using BACS (Building Automation Control Systems), devices that permit the control and management of appliances to improve the energy efficiency of the installations in relation to external environmental conditions as well as different and variable user and occupation scenarios. This guarantees comfort, safety, quality and concrete reductions in energy consumption (up to 30% compared to traditional systems).
Functional characteristics of the home automation System
- Heating/cooling: automatic and optimized regulation of the heating according to the actual use of the rooms and the requirements of whoever is occupying them.
- Lighting: centralized room lighting control. Reproduction of lighting scenarios or individual adjustment of light intensity.
- Safety: notification, via internet or telephone, whenever doors and windows are opened, glass is broken, the presence of intruders or smoke are detected etc.
- Video monitoring of the entrance door in addition to video-intercom.
- Emergencies: notification in the event of intruders which causes all the lights to be switched on as a deterrent (emergency command).
- Travel: ‘house occupied’ simulation through control of lighting.
- Daily life: scenarios featuring everyday control of lighting, heating, etc.
- Control: the systems in the house are managed by means of a touch screen display which can be connected to indoor surveillance cameras.
Each residence is fitted with electronic inverter type fan-coils with brushless technology.
Particularly high performing and silent these allow minimum energy consumption as well as excellent living comfort in both winter and summer months..
The Palazzo is fitted with 3 high efficiency condenser heat pumps, which are located on the roof in a dedicated soundproofed technical room and a condensing boiler, that can be utilized both to supplement the heat pumps in the winter, as well as to produce hot water for sanitary use.
Very low energy consumption light sources are used in the communal areas. The lighting project for the empty co-owned areas was devised according to a descending logic in such a way as to only illuminate the points of interest, thus favoring the design of the lighting elements. These are all of a cut-off type so that no light is ever emitted beyond the horizontal plane, thus contributing to minimizing light pollution.